Monday, November 24, 2014

17 Hours in Singapore

minutes after my arrival at Singapore, at Marina Bay Sands

What would you do if an airline company gives you 17 hours of stay in Singapore?
  

This is my simple, entertaining, and fast-paced adventure in Singapore for 17 hours. 

I arrived in Singapore past 10 pm and after clearing in immigration, I met my friend Marian at the Changi Airport. We missed the MRT ride and we had to use the airport taxi to my hostel. 


After 15 minutes, we arrived at Clarke Quay and fetched her sister, Maricel. Then, we walked towards Five Stones Hostel. After my late check-in, we proceeded to The Sands SkyPark at Marina Bay Sands. Unfortunately, it was already closed when we arrived, and we decided to part ways for the meantime. I slept past 2 am. 


The following morning I had to wake up early and go back to Marina Bay Sands. I used the MRT to the SkyPark.  I waited 9:30 am before it was opened to the public (9:30 am - 10:00 pm, except Friday to Sunday 9:30 am - 11:00 pm).


The best time to go and take pictures at the SkyPark is at night but my flight to Bali was slated 3 pm and I was not given any choice. After paying the ticket, I boarded the elevator and I was there!

SkyPark Observation Deck Tickets

Adult - SG$ 23.00
Child (2-12) - SG$17.00
Senior (65 years and above) - SG$20.00

Payment made by cash, credit or debit card.


The view from the SkyPark Observation Deck was simply AMAZING! I waited one year for this! I stayed for one hour and took pictures of the view from all angles.


And I was given the chance to look at the world's tallest swimming pool.


The tour will not be complete without passing at the Gardens By The Bay!


It was a good thing that there was an MRT ride at the Marina Bay Sands and it took me only 15 minutes before I reached my lunch appointment at Song Fa Bak Kut Teh at Clarke Quay with Marian and Maricel.


After our sumptuous lunch, Marian was kind enough to tour me once more at Clarke Quay


And the last stop for the day was Bugis, where I took my MRT ride back to Changi Airport. I arrived at the airport just in time before my boarding time to Bali, Indonesia. Thank you again Marian for my short stay but FUN stay in Singapore. Your hospitality is beyond compare.  

No comments:

Post a Comment