Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Catanauan, Quezon

A friend of mine introduced me to this place. While I was conducting my class in FEU,  I learned that one of my best Tourism students, Denmark Catan, is a resident of Catanauan. And that was the start of the plan to go to Catanauan, Quezon.


How to get there

From Manila or Cubao, board the bus going to Lucena. There are so many bus companies plying the route such as Jacliner, DLTB, Jam and Lucena Lines. Travel time is 2.5 - 3 hours. Fare is around P180. 

Alight at the Lucena Grand Terminal. Board either the van directly going to Catanauan or the bus going to San Andres. Using the van is faster than the public bus. Fare in the van is P180 and travel time is 3 hours.


Alight in the town of Catanauan. There are so many lodging houses in Catanauan. But I stayed in Alfredo's Resort (P400 - non aircon / P800 - aircon).


After nearly 3 hours of traveling in the van, I reached the town of Catanauan.


Arriving in Catanauan, I was fetched by Denmark and he toured me around the town using a scooter.


Our first destination was the Immaculate Conception Church.


This is the town's church and the interior of the church was simply majestic.


Our second stop was the pier and we had to go to the other side using a boat.


This is the best spot for your sunset viewing.


Sunset was unfolding and we tried our best to capture the moment.



Fare in the boat is P1.00 per passenger and the ride was good only for less than 4 minutes.


And luckily for us, we reached the other side for our sunset viewing.


And we boarded the boat, went back to the other side and Denmark was kind enough to bring me back to the hotel.

Day 2


I woke 4 am in order to catch the sunrise. Again, Denmark was kind enough to tour me in Catanauan. With Denmark's childhood friend, the three of us went to an early escapade in Catanauan.


It was a bit long drive using the scooter. The road was a bit rough but the travel was smooth.


Our first stop that day was Catanauan Cove. Day tour is P700. Unfortunately, it was Holy Friday and the resort was loaded with guests. And so despite my persistent and unwavering pleas to allow me to enter the premises for at least 10-15 minutes to take pictures and blog the resort, it fell short. I even told the staff that I was very much willing to pay the day tour fee for a stay only of 10 minutes. My request fell short and it resulted in a futile effort. Definitely not my loss I told myself. I've been in so many world-class resorts such as The Farm, Hacienda Escudero, and in various resorts in Cebu, Palawan and Davao and these resorts were very accommodating and hospitable to bloggers.

We went back before going back to the resort and again, futile effort.



          Second stop was Punta Tierra.


Sunrise was just unfolding and the sight of the sea was relaxing.


It was low tide and early that morning we saw the fishermen busy with their routinary task.


Punta Tierra is one of the resorts in Catanauan. 


We did not bother to enter the resort. The experience in Catanauan Cove was still fresh and we do not want to experience it anew.


     Third stop was Pong-as, Gatasan.


Entrance fee is only P20/pax and cottage  fee is only P200. 


I've not seen Catanauan Cove but the site was the best place in Catanauan so far.


     We hiked a bit and went to the hill.


At the top of the ridge, you will be entertained by the view.


This is the best spot to unwind and take a relaxing moment with nature.


That afternoon I left Catanauan and went back in Tanauan City, Batangas.


Leaving Catanauan, Quezon but definitely going back!

San Andres, Quezon
HOW TO GET THERE

From Manila or Cubao, board a bus going to Lucena. Alight at the Lucena Grand Terminal and board the mini-bus going to San Andres. Travel time is 5-6 hours from Lucena or 2 hours from Catanauan. There are two bus companies plying the route and they are
John Tom Transit and R & R transit. Fare is P275. First trip is 6am and last trip is 5 pm.

Once there, go to Alibahaban and Sombrero Island.

Enjoy Quezon!!







2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of bringing my guest to Catanauan Cove, thanks to this, I've change my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I appreciate this kind of content as a frequent traveler ☺️

    ReplyDelete