Sunday, May 26, 2019

2019 Batanes Rediscovered (Basco, Itbayat, Siayan, Sabtang)


My fourth time in Batanes. But this time with a new mission.


Last time I went to Itbayat, I was with Red and the rest of the gang. This time I was alone again exploring Batanes.


Flights to Batanes
Skyjet - 6:15 am from Terminal 4
PAL (from Clark)
CebuPac - 6:25 am
Sky  Pasada 9:30 am (from Tuguegarao)

Flight to Itbayat
Fliteline from Basco - normally it has one flight a day which leaves past 9am. But there are instances of second or third flight. The flight to Itbayat is only 15-20 minutes. Fare is P2,700 one way.

Boat to Itbayat
It leaves 6-7am and travel time is 4 hours. There are 3 boats going to Itbayat, namely: MB Veronica, MB Ocean Spirit and MB Itransa.


From the sky, you can enjoy the scenery of both Basco and Itbayat.


I stayed at Gordo's Homestay (email - gordobernadette@yahoo.com / 0999 390 9553). My best stay in Itbayat. The owner was very kind, hospitable and accommodating.


Arriving in Itbayat, I immediately set myself on the first available tour and that was the Torongan Hills and Cave Tour. The fee for the tour is aside from the guide fee.



The Tour is more of a hiking and spelunking tour. You will love this adventure although it is quite tiring. The tour includes Old Pagasa, Sitio Yawran, Raele Church, Airport, Lake Kavaywan, Mauyen port and cliff, Paganaman port.

I was supposed to have the Rapang Cliff tour the following morning. But I was so tired I decided to skip  it.


Itbayat has numerous ports and this port is my favorite. It is 20 minute hike from the town.


My guide was Obet (0939-112-7123).


That night I slept soundly at Gordo's homestay.


DAY 2

The mission was to go to the other farthest islands of Batanes. After encountering numerous problems and paying P5,000 for chartered boat, we were able to proceed to our destination. Travel by boat is more than an hour.


The plan was to go to Siayan, Aelle, Ditarun, Yami and Magudis.


But the waves were not that cooperative and I ended up going only to one island - Siayan.


DAY 3

Time to go back to Basco while the weather was still ok and I bid goodbye to the owner of the homestay, Ma'am Edit Gordo (0999 390 9553). She also has thr biggest grocery in the town of Itbayat.


Going back, I boarded the Fliteline flight back to Basco.

Fliteline
0948 071 7435
0939 645 1441
0922 831 2132
0925 512 5858


Arriving in Basco, I immediately rented a bike and went to Mahatao Lighthouse.


Then, I went to Diura Fishing Village.


In Basco, I stayed at Ysabelle Homestay (0928 234 2542).


They have numerous rooms to choose from. And the rooms are very cozy and relaxing.

Price ranges from 1,000 - 1,500 depending on the size of rooms or the number of beds.

They have also packaged tours to choose from.


DAY 4

This time the itinerary was set on going to Sabtang. There are two ports in Basco going to Sabtang. The Ivana port and the San Vicente Port. Travel time 30-45 minutes. Fare is P500 roundtrip.


One of the best attractions of Sabtang is the Savidug Stone houses.


Then, using the rented bike from Ysabelle, I went to Tinian.


The seascapes and landscaspes of Sabtang were really breathtaking!


Last stop for the day and for my dinner was Morong Beach and Nakabuang Arc.


FINALLY,


I just want to include and say hello to my new friends whom I met in Itbayat.


And to these new friends whom I met in Sabtang while taking lunch.

I WILL BE BACK BATANES!


1 comment:

  1. Philippines is so blessed with the wonders of nature
    WOW JUST WOW !!!!Sakit.info

    ReplyDelete