Last year's tour was different. I went to Amsterdam, Munich, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Rome, Pisa, Firenze, Venice, Zurich, Paris, Brussels, Lisbon and Barcelona (23 days).
Here is the link:
But wait, there is already a 2020 Europe Tour Part 3 and this is the itinerary - Athens, Rome, Milan, Nice, Cannes, Monaco, Monte Carlo and Moscow (11 days only).
|view from the window of my hotel|
The cost of the stay is 110 euro for a 2 nights, 1 room stay.
Tip: Use the metro/train. It is a lot better and faster than the bus.
Day 3 - Leiden, The Netherlands
Tip: Book in Klook in advance it is a lot cheaper. But make sure to view ALL the choices for the tours.
Price: P2,903 in Klook (from P3,225 other agencies)
Duration: 8 hours
Meeting place - Centerhotel Plaza - pick up at Tour Bus Stop 1 - Ráðhúsið - City Hall (Vonarstræti side)
One more thing the coldest I experienced in Iceland was 8 degrees during summer.
The Golden Water Falls - GULFOSS!
Iceland's tour is primarily hiking and/or trekking.
|view along the travel|
And another falls before going back to the capital. Now, I understand why it was a 12-hour tour. Imagine, 9 am to 9 pm tour.
DAY 6 - Snaefellsnes Peninsula Full Day Tour
Still in Iceland
My last tour in Iceland was a bit relaxing compared to the previous two which required a lot of hiking. This time the hiking was minimal. This is the west side of Iceland.
This is one of the location shootings for the Netflix series Game of Thrones
But this one is ascent to the top of the volcano crater.
My favorite destination in Europe
The following morning, I woke up early and fixed my stuff. I have to go to another country. I was leaving Budapest.
This time I did not use the plane nor the train.
I will commute using bus.
It is a 4-hour ride to the next destination.
Finding the bus stop was one of the terrible experiences in Europe. Again, I got lost.
But the best and fun part was finally I will be able to meet my cousin Ryan Ramilo who resides also in Hungary. Hooooray para kay pinsan! =)
My cousin Ryan and I ended the day with 2 bottles of expensive red wine and after getting intoxicated, called it a night.
After the city tour, I went back to the airport and went to Istanbul!
3 nights, 1 room
That afternoon, I booked all my tours in Istanbul through my hotel.
Day 16 - Istanbul - The Asian Side Tour
The last stay
1. Clark to Dubai - Emirates
2. Dubai to Amsterdam - Emirates
3. Amsterdam to Iceland - Transavia
4. Iceland to Budapest - Wizz Air
5. Vienna to Santorini - Eurowings
6. Santorini to Athens - Aegean Airlines
7. Santorini to Athens - Olympic Airlines
8. Athens to Istanbul - Turkish Airlines
9. Istanbul to Dubai - FlyDubai
10. Dubai to Manila - Cebu Pacific
1. Netherlands - Haarlem, Amsterdam
2. Iceland - Reykjavik
3. Hungary - Budapest, Szombathely
4. Slovakia - Bratislava
5. Slovenia - Maribor
6. Croatia - Zagreb, Trogir, Zagreb, Zadar
7. Austria - Vienna
8. Greece - Santorini, Athens
9. Turkey - Istanbul
10. UAE - Dubai
1. Glacier in Iceland is rapidly melting faster than the rate it was melting 10 years ago.
2. Out of the 40,000 windmills in Netherlands, only less than 20 are operational in Amsterdam.
3. The Prime Minister of Netherlands uses his bicycle in going to office everyday.
4. The President of Iceland just walks to his office everyday.
5. Croatia and Slovenia are just some of the States that separated from the former Yugoslavia.
6. It is not safe to drink the tap water in Santorini.
7. The temperature in Dubai reaches a maximum of 50 degrees during summer.
8. While summer in Iceland is between 9-13 degrees.
9. Sunset in Iceland during summer is 11:45 pm and sunrise is 3:15 am.
10. While during winter in Iceland, 11 am is the sunrise and 3 pm is the sunset.
11. Three things are required to see the Northern lights, namely: (a) winter, (b) no clouds, and (c) complete darkness.
12. Volcano eruption in Iceland is a natural phenomenon. People are used to it and they consider part of their normal life.
13. The Ottoman Empire of Turkey is one of the largest empires before World War 1. They sided with Germany and they lost the war.
14. The Hagia Sofia in Istanbul was first built as a church around 1140, then it was transformed into a mosque and now it is a museum.
15. Mama Mary is said to have died in Ephesus in Turkey.
16. Although Croatia is just a small country, it has produced one of the finest basketball and football players in the world.
17. The oldest grapevine in the world is in Slovenia. It has lived for more than 400 years.
18. The wall of the Istanbul stretches for miles just like the Wall of China and was used to protect the city against invaders.
19. Well, we know that prostituion and marijuana (up to a certain extent) are legal in Amsterdam.
20. The Red District in Amsterdam is just beside or across a church.
21. There was a point in time in the history of Amsterdam where beer was used as a substitute for water due to the scarcity of the latter.
22. The first inhabitants of Iceland came from Norway.
23. For two dirhams, you will already taste the coffee with milk in Dubai.
24. The Turkish coffee is not made in Turkey.
25. Santorini come from the name Santa Irene. The first settlement was a church.
26. The best places to stay in Santorini are Oiya, Perissa and Fira. Oiya is the best stay!
27. The plaza in Bratislava is so small. You can finish touring it in less than an hour.
28. Turks are not Arabs.
29. Roman empire conquered Istanbul. Then, it was overtaken by the Turks. Then, the Crusaders. Then, the Ottoman Empire. Turkey is rich in history.
30. Remember TROY?? It is actually a city in Turkey. Heard/Read the name of the place Ephesus in the Bible? It is also in Turkey. What about Constantinople or Byzantine?? They are old names of Istanbul.
31. If you have some questions, please feel free to google it.
1. Lord, for giving me the strength, patience, determination and courage to do this tour alone. I toured in 10 countries and 16 cities.