Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Balete Eco Park


Yes, I am a traveler! I have traveled around the Philippines. I have been traveling for the last 9 years or more. And I have been very meticulous in knowing the different tourist spots in the Philippines. But it took me 40 years to discover that there was an eco-park in our vicinity.

It was a Saturday. My friends invited me to go to a nearby river in Tanauan City. I was glad to accommodate them in this hiking. It is located within our vicinity. I thought all along that we were going to the the Viva Mineral Water or the so-called La Tondena path towards the falls in Banjo West. And I was wrong.

And so we hiked back to our real destination. The Balete Eco-Park.


How to get there

From Manila or Cubao, take a bus ride to Batangas (specifically, Tanauan-Lipa route, never ride the Calabarzon or Star Tollway). The fare is only P99.00. Travel time from Manila is only 1.5 hours. Alight at the road leading to Banjo East or Banjo West (known as 216 or Ramonita).  And then, board a tricycle to Banjo West, the fare is only P13.00, unless you want to charter the tricycle for P80.00. The ride is good only for 10-15 minutes. Then, alight at the Balete Eco-Park. From the starting point, the trek is less than 15 minutes.


Good thing the trail leading to the eco-park is cemented. But nearing the park, the road is no longer cemented but it is still a good trail.


After 10 minutes, we reached the century-old Balete tree beside the river. I marveled at its height and size. I did not know that we have this kind of tree in our vicinity.



And from the Balete tree, we continued our uphill trek for 5 minutes until we reached the Balete Eco-Park falls. And what a sight it was!

We stayed at the site for half an hour and took our souvenir pictures. Afterwards, we went back to the Balete tree and took our merienda. 

It was really a surprise on my part to see the Balete Eco-Park. Good thing I did not hesitate joining the trip.

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jf6Fq8dnTA


No comments:

Post a Comment