Friday, January 9, 2015

Waterfalls Chasing in Mindanao

There are three things that interest me when I travel alone: beach, caves and falls. But waterfalls chasing is of paramount interest during my rainy season adventure.

Last December, 2014, I ventured into another  waterfalls chasing in Mindanao. I've had a series of my solo waterfalls chasing in Laguna, Ilocos, Rizal, Quezon, Cebu, Mountain Province,  Negros, Camiguin and a whole lot more. But this one is extraordinary because Mindanao is said to have the best. biggest and tallest waterfalls in the Philippines.

Originally, Asik-Asik Falls and Bani Falls of North Cotabato were part of the itinerary but since they are out of the way and I was given only less than a week to do this feat, I had to forego the two falls for the meantime and wait for summer.

Three years ago, I went to Maria Cristina Falls, Tinago Falls, Cathedral Falls, and Limunsadan Falls in Lanao Del Norte. About a year ago, on the other hand, I went to the seven falls of Lake Sebu. So I did not bother to include them in this escapade

So from Davao City, I went to my first spot which was in Maragusan, Compostela Valley.

Tagbibinta Falls

Marugusan has numerous falls such as Tagbibinta, Bisnar, Ugong, Cesar, Marangig and Pyalitan Falls, among others. According to the locals, there are more or less 20 falls in the vicinity. 

Link: http://junvillegas.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-waterfalls-of-maragusan-compostela.html


From Compostela Valley, I went to my next spot - Baganga, Davao Oriental. I included 
the Campawasan Curtain Falls as part of this tour because of its grandeur.

from King Francis Genilla
I was not able to see the falls because of Typhoon Seniang.

Link: http://junvillegas.blogspot.com/2015/01/baganga-davao-oriental-campawasan.html


Enduring the typhoon, I rode on a habal-habal (single motorcycle) ride to my next stop - Cateel, Davao Oriental.



There I went to the biggest and tallest falls in the Philippines - Aliwagwag Falls


Link: http://junvillegas.blogspot.com/2015/01/aliwagwag-falls-cateel-davao-oriental.html


I had to stay overnight in Cateel because of Typhoon Seniang and I went to my next stop the following morning, Bislig, Surigao Del Sur.



There I went to the famous Tinuy-An Falls.
Unfortunately, Typhoon Seniang was still in Mindanao.

 Link: http://junvillegas.blogspot.com/2015/01/tinuy-falls-bislig-surigao-del-sur.html


From Bislig, the last stop was 2.5 hours away, and the last stop was Monkayo, Compostela Valley.



The town of Monkayo boasts of the Awao Falls consisting of three falls and Falls No. 1 is the biggest and the tallest in Monkayo.  


Link:http://junvillegas.blogspot.com/2014/12/awao-falls-monkayo-compostela-valley.html


I told myself after the adventure that I have to go back this summer 2015 and see once more the said falls plus Asik-Asik and Bani Falls.

It is Really More Fun in Mindanao 
Chasing Waterfalls!







No comments:

Post a Comment