Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Ruins (Negros Occidental)

It was summer 2012. I was traveling and exploring Negros. Just finished exploring Negros Oriental, specifically, Mabinay, Calbiga, Dumaguete, Zamboanguita and Canlaon.


I made my stop in Bacolod from Canlaon. 

I went to the Cathedral of Bacolod (San Sebastian Church) as part of my routine to stop and visit a church and pray for my health and safety while I travel.

I was planning to go to the famous Heritage Houses of Silay City. Unexpectedly, a friend of mine told me to go to "The Ruins" in  Talisay City, Negros Occidental.

From Bacolod City, I boarded a jeepney ride to Talisay City and alighted at the jeepney terminal in Talisay City. 

From the terminal, I hired a tricycle and paid P200 for my ride to the site of the The Ruins. We passed by a subdivision before we reached the site. The ride from the terminal was 15 minutes.



The Ruins is said to be one of the 12 most fascinating ruins in the world and one of the best landmarks in the Philippines.

It is also called the Taj Mahal of Negros.




I paid P60.00 for the entrance fee and started shooting my camera. It was a magnificent view!




A sight to behold!!





















I wanted to stay until sunset and capture the sunset with the Ruins at the backdrop. But I was so tired and it was cloudy that day, and so I decided to go to Silay City. From Talisay City, it took me only less than thirty minutes to reach Silay City. 

I enjoyed Negros! =)


Adventure
Beach
Others –

No comments:

Post a Comment