Monday, June 3, 2013

Daraga and Legazpi, Albay

My third time to tour in Bicol, and I simply cannot get enough of it!


Last time I was in Bicol, I did the ATV ride adventure in Daraga and the wakeboarding in CWC. But this time it was different, I started in Masbate and then went to Ticao Island. Island hopped to Bulan, Sorsogon and then to Subic Beach, Matnog, Sorsogon. Watched the whale sharks (butanding) in Donsol and finally stayed for 3 days in Albay. There are plenty of things to do in Albay such as ATV ride (P600 - 1 hour / P1,500 - 2.5 hours / P1,800 - 3.5 hours), hiking or biking.


Arriving in Daraga, Albay from Donsol, Sorsogon, the initial problem was accommodation.

The accommodations are the following:

Goldcrest Inn
Aircon - P490.00
Non-Aircon - P260.00





Avia Inn
Aircon - P500.00
Non-aircon - P280





Rosewood Inn
Aircon - P500.00
Non-aircon-P280


I stayed in Rosewood. But the best accommodation is offered by Avia Inn. 







The following morning, I did what I had to do in Daraga, Albay - Spelunking! But before going to the cave. I dropped by anew to the Cagsawa Ruins and stayed there for 30 minutes only. I took some pictures and left thereafter.


There are two ways to go to Hoyop-Hoyopan Cave.
Option # 1 - Hire a tricycle for P600-700 and see the Hoyop-hoyopan and the Bat Cave.
Option # 2 - Ride a jeep to Camalig (P20.00) and then rent a tricycle to the cave (P250.00) 

I hired a tricycle for the sake of convenience. I paid only P600.00. The driver/guide was named Jo (0906-711-2841). 
dance floor
  There are 3 floors in the cave and 4 entrances. The first floor entrance is very narrow, has  water and is full of snakes. The second floor is only one accessible to the public. And the third floor is also small and has plenty of snakes.

I entered at the main entrance. You have to pay P300.00 for the electrcity inside to lighten the interior of the cave. But I opted not to pay since I brought my own flashlight. Second entrance is what they call as the "Sukatan ng mga Sexy!" The third entrance is the cemetery and the last entrance (which is also the exit) is facing Mt. Mayon.

But the best spot is on the dance floor inside the cave! They used the area during Martial law days for their disco spot!




After spending 2.5 hours in the Hoyop-Hoyopan Cave, I transferred to another cave. It entailed a 12 minute ride using the tricycle or 30-40 minute hike from Hoyop-Hoyopan Cave.

The Bat Cave has plenty of bats inside. It is 2 kilometers long and a 1.5 - 2 hours trek inside the cave.





After seeing the caves, I went to the town of Daraga and saw anew the 
Daraga Church.


The next day, I went to Legazpi. From Daraga, the travel time to Legazpi is only 15 minutes. I stayed at the Legazpi Aiport Hotel. It is both a hotel and a restaurant. Lodging is P1,000.00 and P1,200 only good for 2 pax. The best thing about the hotel is that they serve the best buffet in town. 

Breakfast buffet - P145.00 (free if you are staying in the hotel)
Lunch Buffet - P200.00
Dinner Buffet - P250.00 (with option to drink all-you-can for beer lovers)




I went to Legazpi City for only one reason. My connecting flight to Tuguegarao is in Legazpi City and so I had to spend the day in Legazpi City. There are two spots you should not miss in Legazpi City, the Boulevard and Lignon Hill. I went to Lignon Hill and paid P60.00 from the hotel to the hill.



Arriving at the foot of the hill, I ascended and trekked it for 30 minutes. The view once you are at the top is refreshing. I waited for the sunset and took pictures of the sunset.



At the top of the hill, you can see the entire Legazpi City including the airport.



The next day, I woke up early and walked (2-3 minutes only) to the airport.

My flight was slated 9:20 am but I checked in as early as 8:00 am. I did not want to miss my flight!

Onboard the Cebu Pacific flight to Tuguegarao, I was able to see and shoot the top/aerial view of Mt. Mayon.

I stayed in Albay for 3 days and it was worth it!



















It's Really More Fun in Albay!


RAV Transportation Services
Van for Hire
Derick Villegas
0998-545-0016
0917-504-0770
(043) 778-4657
(043) 703-0435
Facebook: RAV Electronic Services
Address: 938 Brgy. Darasa, Tanauan City, Batangas 4232

Transportation / Tour services to any point of Luzon
Brand New Foton Traveller vehicles available
Equipped with GPS, wifi, videoke, RFID, Sky TV
Satisfaction Guaranteed! =)



Youtube links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGstDGy1Vcw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_XHKQrooB8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_paHU_RMQc

5 comments:

  1. I also recommend going to Cagraray Island/Misibis Bay in Albay. Beautiful place with lots of recreational activities being offered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the information.I will also try to go there in the near future! =)

      Delete
  2. magkano kapag 24hours ang checkin sa avia inn?

    ReplyDelete