Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Peak, Hong Kong

The Peak
One of the best and must-see attractions in Hong Kong is The Peak.

pedestrian pass going to the Peak
I was billeted in Kowloon and I had to go to Central, Hong Kong to see The Peak. There were two options, namely: (1) using the MRT or (2) using the Star Ferry boat. I chose the boat ride for a change and walked my way towards the Peak.


After nearly 20 minutes of walking and being lost, I arrived at the ticketing counter. 

Tip: Come very early, there is along queue awaiting tourists after 8 am.


The best way to enjoy the ultimate Peak experience is Peak Tram Sky Pass. It offers you enjoyment of a trip on the famous Peak Tram and the fabulous panoramic views of Hong Kong from The Sky Terrace 428, the highest 360° viewing platform in Hong Kong. With the Peak Tram Sky Pass, you can enjoy more Peak experiences at a special price sold at Garden Road Peak Tram Lower Terminus or appointed travel agents.

Peak Tram Sky Pass (The Peak & Sky Terrace 428)
Adult - HK$80 (return)  / HK$ 68 (single)
Child - HK$39 (return)  / HK$32 (single)
Senior - HK$39 (return)  / HK$32 (single)

Peak Tram tickets only
Adult - HK$ - 40  (return) /  HK$28 
Adult/Senior - HK$18  / HK$ 11

Tip: Buy the Sky Pass ticket, for sure you would want to see the 428 view. 
You can still buy at the Peak but the price is little bit higher.


The ride to the top of the Peak was a first for me and it was really exciting! 
The tram ride was good for nearly 10 minutes. 


I am sure that you will also enjoy the ride to the top!



And without further ado, the Sky Terrace 428 View!


You can see the smiles written on my face! The view from the top was majestic! The Peak Tram has remained one of the most visited and photographed sights in Hong Kong by offering not only an enviable view, but also a quiet respite from the city below.


I roamed around the Peak and marveled the view from the top.


Even the other tourists were enjoying the view.


While you are the Peak, you can also wander around the mall or the nearby tourist spots and simply enjoy the scenery.


After staying for 2 hours at the Peak, I decided to back to Kowloon but this time I used a different route in order to maximize my tour of the Central.


You can also tour the city through the Big Bus Hong Kong ride.


I arrived back in Kowloon but the thought of The Peak lingered!

No comments:

Post a Comment