Monday, December 1, 2014

Ubud, Bali, Indonesia

going to Ubud
Given only a half-day before my flight, I opted to tour Ubud 
after 2 days of roaming around in Kuta, Bali.

I hired the same driver of Parta Bali Tours for our tour in Kuta, Bali. Fortunately, I saved the contact number +62 85237237777 and his fb page is Bali Destination Holiday (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007467769225).  I paid 325,000 Indonesian Rupiah for the said half-day tour. 

entrance of the Monkey Forest
After 1.5 hours of traveling from Kuta, we reached Ubud. Our first stop that day was the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary. 

feeding time for the monkeys
The Ubud Monkey Forest is a nature reserve and temple complex in Ubud, Bali. The complex houses approximately 605  The Monkey Forest is owned by the village of Padangtegal, and village members serve on the Monkey Forest's governing council. The Padangtegal Wenara Wana Foundation manages the Monkey Forest and serves to maintain its sacred integrity and to promote the sacred site as a destination for visitors. 

the various temples
The Monkey Forest of Padangtegal represents a sacred Balinese Hindu site. 

my favorite spot
The Monkey Forest contains the Pura Dalem Agung Padangtegal temple as well as a "Holy Spring" bathing temple and another temple used for cremation ceremonies.


I roamed around for almost 2 hours before reaching the end of the forest.


There was no time to visit the famous ricefields of Ubud and instead, I went to another famous spot called the "Ubud Market" and did a bit of souvenir shopping. 
]
Past 11 am, I immediately went back to the city proper to catch my 2 pm flight to Vietnam. Along the way back, passed the Chelok Village which is famous for its wood and stone carvings.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment