Friday, April 10, 2015

Zamboanga City Tour 2015

Fort Pilar

Last time I was in Zamboanga City was December 2012, that was before the latest Zamboanga siege of the MNLF. Anyway, after almost 3 years, I returned for my Jolo-Isabela-Tawi-Tawi Tour and Zamboanga City is the jump-off point for the said islands.

I'm back!

And this time it was different. Last time, I went only to Sta. Cruz Island and Fort Pilar. This time it was a city tour.

How to get  there

Book a flight either from PAL or Cebu Pacific. Book your flight 6 months to get the possible lowest fare. Zamboanga has an international airport to accommodate flights from Manila.

By ship, it is also possible but I did not bother to ask since I know it will take hours before reaching the city from Manila.

Before I start with my own tour, there is a City Tour endorsed by the Department of Tourism

Pigeon houses along Fort Pilar road

City Tour
Inclusions
Pick up and Drop off at the Airport/Hotel
Air-conditioned Transportation
Lunch
Service of a Tour Guide
Applicable entrance fees

Tour Itinerary
Pick-up guests
Tour Proper (City Hall, Fort Pilar Shrine, Pettit Barracks, Paseo Del Mar, Paseo Del Pilar, Pasonanca Park, Climaco Freedom Park)
 Lunch
 Tour Proper (Yakan Weaving Village, Ayuda Badjao Mat Weavers, Canelar Barter Trade)

Duration of Tour – 8 hours

Rates
No. of Pax           Rate per pax
2 pax                   P2,750
3-4 pax                P2,000
5-6 pax                P 1,400
7-9 pax                P1,150
10 and above     P950

Address: Mayor Jaldon St., Canelar, Zamboanga City 7000
Tel # +63(62) 991-1174
Cel # +63917-7006410
Facebook: Zamboanga Tourist Lane (Look for Ms. Leah)

Paseo Del Mar

 My tour started from the city proper (from the hotel). I hired a habal-habal tour and my driver/tour guide was Chris (0916-908-4421). 

We started from Fort Pilar, then Paseo Del Mar and a little bit of Sta. Barbara.



Originally, it was not part of my itinerary but I got curious and we passed by it since it was very near Fort Pilar.

Even this school was not spared. In fact, it was made the refuge of the retreating forces.


You can also drop by at the port. It is the the jump-off point to Sulu, Basilan and Tawi-Tawi.


You can also include the Sta. Cruz Island (I have a separate blog for this).


A lot of the buildings / establishments have Spanish influence on it.


Eight kilometers from the city proper or 20 minutes away, we reached the Yakan Weaving Village and I bought souvenir wallets as pasalubong.


A couple of steps away, we went also to Vista Del Mar, a beach resort.


Another 20 minutes away back to the city and we reached, Pasonanca Park. You can visit here the Butterfly Garden and the Tree House or Girl's Scout Camping Site. 



Along the way back, we passed by the City Hall and Pershing Park.


After taking some pictures, we hurried back to the city and went to Boulevard for my sunset shoot.


Then, we went back to Paseo Del Mar for my dinner. I took my dinner inside at Mano-Mano. It's like the Inasal of Zamboanga City.


After dinner, I treated myself with these famous Knicker Bocker ice cream.


Ended the day watching the display of lights at the fountain area. Tried to find a Vinta ride but to no avail. Out of season for the meantime.

Cost of the motorbike tour - P400 - more or less 3 hours

The driver me left me at Paseo Del Mar and I boarded another trike back to my hotel.


Place to Stay in Zamboanga City

City Inn Hotel (Gov. Alvarez cornerr La Purisima St. Zamboanga City)
Tel No. (062)-955-4058 / Cell No. 0936-608-8777
email: cityinnzam@gmail.com
lowest rate - P895 (1 pax) / P995 (2 pax)

Medio Hotel (Buenavista Street corner San Jose road near Shell and Petron Station)
Tel No. (062)-955-1580
email: mediohotel@yahoo.com
Lowest rate - P550

MAG-V Royal Hotel (cor. San Jose and Don Basilio, Navarro road, Zamboanga City)
Tel No. (062)-991-3054
lowest rates - P650 / P800 

Traveller's Inn
Good for short stay only, in between Medio Hotel and City Inn Hotel

All of them are situated near San Jose Road.

Tip: Better coordinate or ask the local tourism office for guidance.

Enjoy Zamboanga City!!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment