Monday, April 21, 2014

Grand City and Small City Tour, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Angkor Wat

Siem Reap, Cambodia is one of the tourist spots which offers a variety of tours to choose from. You can choose either using a van, tuktuk or a simple bike for your tour.


The following are the rates when your tour is through a van.



The following are the Tuktuk tours available in Siem Reap with their corresponding rates.



What I did was to combine the grand city tour (18 USD) with the small city tour (15 USD) for only 20 USD and that was my first day in Siem Reap. Hotels usually offer these tours.


Map of the temples


It is a lot better to have a copy of the map in order for you to be guided in your tour.



I woke up 4:30 am that day in order to catch the sunrise in Angkor Wat and shoot as many pictures as I could. But before anything else, the Tuktuk payment is different from the entrance fee that you are supposed to pay. For a one-day tour, you have to pay 20 USD and for a 3-day visit 40 USD. While for a 7-day tour is 60 USD. If your plan is to see all the temples and stay in Siem Reap in 3 days, then, I highly recommend that you avail of the 40 USD package. 

First stop that day - Angkor Wat.



There were so many tourists that day waiting for the sunrise and it was not a futile effort on our part. 




Entering Angkor Wat, you will see on your left side this structure.  



Then, on your right side, this ancient structure.


And after waiting for 30 minutes, we were given the spectacle of the Angkor Wat sunrise.



After the sunrise, the reflection of Angkor Wat temple was clearly identifiable on its moat.


I moved forward towards the entrance of the temple.


I was astonished on the ancient writings and paintings inscribed on its walls.


The view from the interior of the temple was more fascinating.



You can see tourists, left and right, enjoying and taking souvenir pictures of this epic and magnanimous temple.



I forgot time while I was roaming inside the temple. The scenery is just one of a kind. 
A sight to behold!



Just imagine that these structures were built out of crude tools and hard labor.



Angkor Wat is a photographer's dream.



I stayed in the temple for almost 2 hours before going to the next stop.



Then, my tour guide fetched from Angkor Wat and told me that we had to go to the next temple. It was already 8:30 am.



You can also hire an elephant ride to see the temples.



Next stop was - Angkor Thom.



Angkor Thom is just minutes away from Angkor Wat and is the second famous temple in Siem Reap.



And I walked from one temple to another, not minding of the time and simply enjoying every minute of my tour.



Honestly, I forgot the names of the various temples and I do hope I do not mix their names.



And after Angkor Thom, we transferred to another temple.



Honestly, I forgot the name of this temple. I am not sure if this is the Preah Khan.



Interior of the (forgotten) temple



Leaving the temple



Then, we went to another temple.



The Neak Poan is the smallest temple of all the temples I went to that day.



And finally, the last temple for the day. I really cannot recall the names of the temple but what I do remember is that we went to Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Neak Poan, Preah Khan, East Mebon and Pre Rup. Sorry, for the lapse in my memory.



It was past 1 pm when I was abe to finish the tour. And what a splendid and entertaining tour only Siem Reap can offer!!


No comments:

Post a Comment