Saturday, April 26, 2014

Siem Reap City Tour (Day and Night Tour)


One of the things that you can do in Siem Reap (aside from the numerous temple tours) is to have the city tour. There are 2 kinds of city tour.  The first one is the 1 day city tour covering the Old Market area, central market, Artisian d' Angkor, and Angkor National Museum for the amount 30 USD. The second one is also called the 1 day city tour covering the old market area, art school, and central market for the amount of 13 USD.

I opted just to go to the Old market and the Angkor National Museum. From my hotel (Lotus Lodge), I paid 2 USD and went first to Angkor National Museum.

It took us only less than 5 minutes before we reached the museum and I immediately went inside and saw their tagline - "The Legend Revealed."


Bringing of camera inside the museum is prohibited and that is the reason why I was not able to take pictures of the relics inside. The museum fee is 10 USD and the tour guide (a machine) costs 3 USD. The entire museum tour usually lasts for 2-3 hours but I was able to finish it it 1.5 hours. I will not go into details of the tour. I don't want to spoil the fun.


After the museum, I went to Lucky Mall and took my lunch there.


Next stop or a few meters away from Lucky Mall is the - Old Market.


The Old Market is a must-see and must-visit place in Siem Reap. It is the only place where you can buy the cheapest souvenirs in Siem Reap. There are lots of souvenir stores in town but the Old Market offers the cheapest. 


And yes, they have Northface and Kipling bags. 


After staying for 3 hours in town, I went back to the hotel. Around 6 pm, I went back to see the night market. Another 3 USD for the transportation.


There were plenty of foreign tourists that night. And it was a good decision on my part to have the night tour at the Night Market. Actually, the site of the Old Market is also the site of the night market.


You can also enjoy the dinner while you are at the night market.


Another spot to visit is the Pub Street. This is the part of the town where you can enjoy your liquor-drinking pleasures.



The night tour will not be complete without trying their local delicacies such as spiders, beetles, snakes and a variety of insects to choose from. But I never had the stomach to try one. 



Last part of the itinerary that night was the foot massage/spa using the doctor fish. And for 3 USD, you will have a beer, 2 USD for one hour and 1 USD for 30 minutes. I opted the last just for experience sake and I enjoyed it.



The sensation while your feet was being cleaned by the fish was at first unbearable but after a couple of minutes, I endured. You should try this experience while you are in Siem Reap.


I enjoyed Siem Reap! 


   


No comments:

Post a Comment