Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ilagan, Isabela

From Tuguegarao, I went to Ilagan, Isabela by land using a public transport.

Ilagan is the capital of Isabela. The trip was my second trip to Isabela. Last time I went here was 2009, when I visited my former girlfriend.

It took me 1 hour and 25 minutes to reach Ilagan and I immediately looked for my accommodation.


I was able to find a hotel right in the middle of the city, Marjs Hotel. I called it a day and took my respite.

The following morning, I hired a motorcycle ride to my destination in Ilagan, the Sta. Victoria Caves.




The Sta. Victoria Cave is situated inside the Ilagan Sanctuary. 


There are so many things to do inside the sanctuary such as caving, trekking and bird watching.






But seeing the Ilagan Caves was the primary reason I went to this sanctuary.

And so I hired a guide and trekked to the Main cave. I took me 142 steps before reaching the Main Cave.








inside the Main Cave





After seeing the Main cave, my guide and I went to the next cave - the Moon Cave.

It took us only 10 minutes just to reach the Moon Cave.










And the finally a trek to the last cave, the Altar Cave.


After the spelunking adventure, I roamed around the sanctuary.


The sanctuary has several pools to choose from.







They also have a horse riding area.



After 3 hours inside the sanctuary, I decided to go back to the city.

But before leaving Ilagan, as usual, I went to a church. The Ilagan Church and prayed for my health and safety.

Visit Ilagan!














8 comments:

  1. Hi sir, may I ask the fare from Tuguegarao to Ilagan? Room rate of marjs hotel? How long was your travel from the hotel to the sanctuary? Any entrance fee? How much is the tricycle fare? Pasensya na po if I have so many queries, I'm planning to visit Ilagan, Tumauini, Tuguegarao, & Penablanca as soon as I completed my research for my itineraries. Hope you can help me sir. Thank you & Godbless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, I forgot the fare. The room rate is around 700. I rented a motorcycle and almost an hour. They collect a minimal fee of P50.00.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about the fee for the tour guide?how much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally, the driver is also my guide. But inside the cave, if I remember it right. It is not more than P300.

      Delete
  4. Astig nito, Sir! Keep safe :D Cheers! www.juan-ted.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mga nasa magkano po budget nio na nagtour dun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting... who took the pictures.. :-P

    ReplyDelete