Saturday, March 2, 2013

Journey in Abra

I was given only 2 days to explore Kalinga, Apayao and Abra.

I was able to visit only two provinces, Kalinga and Abra.

There are so many ways to go to Abra.

First is from Manila directly to Abra via Partas, Dominion or Philippine Rabbit.

The second option is from Vigan, Ilocos Sur and then ride a mini-bus to Abra.

The third is from Tuguegarao via Laoag-Vigan.







I was in Tuguegarao. I have two options, the GMW bus ride from Tuguegarao to Laoag-Vigan (9 hours) or the Kalinga rough ride to Abra (12 hours).

The Kalinga jeepney ride to Abra is 12 hours (P600+). It is slated only once a week every Saturday and is scheduled to leave around 9-10 am.

I chose the comfortable GMW bus ride to Laoag-Vigan. I paid P455 from Tuguegarao to Laoag (aircon) and then transferred to another bus from Laoag to Abra and paid P150.00 (ordinary bus).


I left Tuguegarao 7 pm and arrived in Bangued, Abra past 3 am the next day. First thing I did, was to look for a place to take my respite and rest my back.

I hired the tricycle driver who brought me to Hawaiian Lodge for my day tour in Abra.

Hawaiian Lodge (074-752-7077)
Short time aircon - P500 ( 4 hours only)
Overnight aircon - P1,200

Short time ordinary - P350 (4 hours only)
Overnight - P800

I woke around 7 am, fixed myself and immediately started my tour. Good thing Manong Bong was early that day. I hired him for P1,000 for 5 destinations that day.

First stop for the day - Victoria Park



Victoria Par is the nearest destination for a simple walk and relaxation in Bangued, Abra.

At the top of the park, one can see the entire Bangued and relax at the sight.














Next Stop was the Cathedral of Bangued, Abra -


Third stop was the Calaba Bridge, Bangued.



The three mentioned places were near to each other and I consumed only less than an hour just to visit them.


Fourth stop of the day was the farthest. It took me one hour and thirty minutes to reach it. The clear and soothing waters of Lusuak Spring in Lagayan, Abra.

I paid only P20.00 for entrance fee. Cottage fee is P250.00 only.





Last stop for the day was the Don Mariano Marcos Bridge which connects Abra and Kalinga.


The trip from Lagayan to Tayum was also one hour and thirty minutes.

I started 7:30 am and finished my tour around 2 pm. 

I immediately went to Partas Bus Terminal and boarded the bus back to Manila.

The trip from Abra to Cubao was 10 hours and I paid P675.00.


Visit Abra! =)






RAV Transportation Services
Van for Hire
Derick Villegas
0998-545-0016
0917-504-0770
(043) 778-4657
(043) 703-0435
Facebook: RAV Electronic Services
Address: 938 Brgy. Darasa, Tanauan City, Batangas 4232

Transportation / Tour services to any point of Luzon
Brand New Foton Traveller vehicles available
Equipped with GPS, wifi, videoke, RFID, Sky TV
Satisfaction Guaranteed! =)





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the information here. And if you are looking for the best relocating and logistics support can benefit through our Frigate Logistics and Movers Pte Ltd. For detailed information you may choose from our

    Movers in Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Thank you for sharing here. We have bohol tour package and we also offer bohol car rental self drive. Contact us for more info

    ReplyDelete