Saturday, March 9, 2013

Road Trip to Antipolo

The love for motorbiking started with love for riding a mountain bike.

I have made lone road trips in Laguna, Rizal, Batangas, Cavite and Bulacan. 

But the most unforgettable road trip was the group road trip with my brother and cousins from Tanauan City, Batangas, passing Laguna and then reaching Antipolo City, Rizal.

It was October 4, 2011.


Meeting time was 5 am and we started from Tanauan City. We did not use the Calamba route to Manila. Instead, we opted to use another route.


We used the Makiling-Banahaw route which was longer and farther from Manila. 



The road to Antipolo via the remote municipalities of Laguna was long and winding. There were times I almost fell asleep. Good thing I was listening to my ipod on that travel.


Half-way through, we reached Pagsanjan and another 1 and half hours of traveling.

The heat of the sun was picking up and my eyes were then burning.







Finally, we reached the Antipolo Cathedral. I usually travel alone. But that was one day I traveled with my Kuya Derik (my eldest brother) and my cousins, Elvin, Hapon and Den-Den. We reached Antipolo after almost 3 hours of traveling.

  
We even had our motorcycles blessed with holy water in order to have a safe journey home. Talk about being religious..

We ate our brunch at the house of Atty. Jojo Sison in Antipolo. Then afterwards, we started our way home but this time we used again another route via C-5 and passing the old municipal road from Alabang to Calamba.

We made an hour stop at the house of our uncle, Tito Taba. And around 3 pm, we were home back in Tanauan City, Batangas.

It's really fun motorbiking in the Philippines! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment